After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the clinical and physical exam findings typical for bicuspid aortic valve.
2. Understand standard diagnostic and management for aortic stenosis in patients with BAV.
3. Understand association of BAV with aortopathy as well as other etiologies of aortopathy.
4. Understand current recommendations for screening in first degree relatives of patients with BAV.
Stewart Mackie, MD*
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
UMASS - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours