After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Review ontogeny of sex development.
2. Describe the major causes of disorders of sex descriptions.
3. Understand the major challenges of sex assignment in DSD.
4. Review 60 year history of treatment.
5. Understand the controversy of elective vs de facto corrective surgery in the treatment of DSD.
Charlotte M. Boney, MD*
Professor of Pediatrics
UMMS - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours