After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the epidemiology of COVID in pediatrics as compared to adults - internationally as well as locally.
2. Recognize and diagnose MISC as a sequella of COVID disease in pediatric patients.
3. Describe therapies for COVID and MISC currently under investigation in children.
4. Understand the various vaccines in trials and practical concerns for distribution and administration.
Donna Fisher, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
UMMS - Baystate
Christine McKiernan, MD, FAAP
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Massachusetts General Hospital
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours