After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Familiarize participants with the various services provided to Massachusetts physicians and medical students by Physician Health Services, Inc.
2. Draw a clear distinction between referrals and self-referrals to PHS, such that participants will gain comfort and confidence in referring themselves.
3. Acquaint participants with physician coaching and distinguishing coaching from therapy.
4. Understand how physician coaching can improve the quality of patient care and patient safety by improving physician performance.
Steven Adelman, MD*
Associate Professor of Psychiatry
UMASS Medical School
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management