After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Define the different types of eating disorders
2. Describe the signs and symptoms of malnutrition
3. Define the complications of malnutrition
4. Summarize the importance of the medical assistant role in the eating disorder clinic
5. List the indications for hospitalization
6. Summarize family based treatment in the eating disorder clinic
Kristine Methot BS, RN, CPN
Adolescent Medicine Nurse
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 AAMA CEU(s)
- 2.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 2.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours