- Discuss the history of tranexamic acid (TXA) use in trauma resuscitation.
- Explore findings from trials that investigated using TXA in trauma patients with evidence of TBI.
- Evaluate data from the latest out-of-hospital TXA trial for use in TBI.
- Apply this information to determine which trauma patients with TBIs may benefit from TXA therapy.
After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
Taylor Hodle, PharmD
PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Resident
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours