After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Define severe hypoglycemia
- Identify high risk hypoglycemic events
- Discuss methodology and findings from “Risk of Serious Trauma with Glucose-Lowering Drugs in Older Persons” article
- Review recommended treatment guidelines in elderly patients with diabetes
Chelsey Quinlan, PharmD
PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Resident
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours