After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the policies, procedures, and practices guidelines that are essential to safe and effective medical care.
2. Discuss the principles and concepts of cost-effective medication use.
3. List the essential qualities of medication formulary that is comprised of clinically effective, state-of-the-art medications.
Stephen Ryzewicz, MD, FACP, FASAM
Hospital Medicine Program
BH P&T Committee Chair
Baystate Medical Center
Adam Pesaturo, PharmD
Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator, BH Formulary and Medication Outcomes
Department of Acute Care Pharmacy Services
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.50 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.50 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.50 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.50 BCIPE Pharmacology
- 1.50 BCIPE Risk Management