After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the evidence and rationale for participating in a Communication and Resolution Program
2. Describe the participants and process steps involved in activating and carrying out the Communication, Apology and Resolution Program at Baystate Health
3. Identify adverse event communication gaps in practice
Douglas Salvador, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Medicine, UMMS-Baystate
Chief Quality Officer & Senior Vice President, BH
Chief Medical Officer, BMC
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management
- 1.00 American Board of Surgery MOC