After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss features that make a good grant
2. Differentiate scientific premise from overall justification
3. Formulate the component sections of their own pilot grant proposal
4. Classify NIH’s grant funding mechanisms
5. Locate possible funders for their research
6. Contrast cost-reimbursed grant funding from per-milestone funding.
Peter Friedmann, MD
Chief Research Officer, Baystate Health
Associate Dean for Research and Professor of Medicine
Randall A. Hoskinson, Jr.
Director, Research Development & Special Initiatives
Office of Research
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™