After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the essential elements of an effective specific aims page
2. Create a specific aims page for a research proposal
3. Demonstrate awareness of how to prepare a grant proposal
4. Review NIH criteria for scoring a proposal
5. Review the content of a grant proposal critique
6. Express terms to know for budget Preparation
7. Discuss how to respond to a Review.
Robert J. Milner, PhD
Chief Research Officer, Baystate Health
Associate Vice Provost for Professional Development
Professor of Neurology
Jay S. Steingrub, M.D.
Professor of Medicine, UMMS-Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™