"I Need this Medication NOW": The Challenges of Modern Medication Stewardship
The goal of this program is to support and advance compassionate health care in which caregivers, patients and their families relate to one another in a way that provides hope to the patient, support to the caregivers and sustenance to the healing process.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
Schwartz Center Rounds® sessions are open to ALL employees, affiliated clinicians, trainees and other authorized personnel.
After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
• Connect with other caregivers to decrease my sense of isolation in my work with patients.
• Describe changes that may be needed in departmental or institutional policies or practices.
• Describe the perspectives and experiences of the patients and families presented in the case.
• Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
• Discuss challenging social and emotional aspects of patient care.
• Discuss thoughts, questions and feelings about patient care with colleagues.
• Identify if the discussion was well facilitated.
• Plan to attend Schwartz Center Rounds again.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management