After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss the connection with other caregivers to decrease the sense of isolation in my work with patients.
- Discuss preparedness to handle/strategize in addressing tough or sensitive patient situations.
- Describe changes that may be needed in departmental or institutional policies or practices.
- Describe the perspectives and experiences of the patients and families presented in the case.
- Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
- Discuss challenging social and emotional aspects of patient care.
- Discuss thoughts, questions, and feelings about patient care with colleagues.
- Identify if the discussion was well facilitated.
- Plan to attend Schwartz Center Rounds again
HEATHER A. OLIPHANT, MSW, LICSW*
Medical Social Worker
Baystate Medical Center
Schwartz Center Rounds sessions are open to all employees, affiliated clinicians, trainees, and other authorized personnel.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours