After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the extent of the opioid overprescribing, its ill effects and how to utilize multimodal analgesia to reduce opioid dependence following surgery
Daniel Engelman, MD
Associate Professor of Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Medical Director of Surgical Services, Heart & Vascular Center
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Dr. Engelman is a consultant for Edwards-Lifesciences, bioMereux and ERAS Cardiac.
None of the members of the planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME creditBaystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PA’s should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 Category 1 Self-Assessment Maintenance for Surgeons