After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss the FDA warning related to anesthetic use in children.
3. Review the landmark research surround potential neurotoxicity from anesthetics.
4. Provide a framework for discussion with concerned parents.
Adam C. Adler, MD, MS, FAAP, FASE
Assistant Professor of Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesiology
Baylor College of Medicine
Texas Children's Hospital
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours