M&M Conference: Anesthetic Considerations in Severe Cardiopulmonary Disease in Liver Cirrhosis
After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Discuss pre-operative assessment.
3. Discuss risk assessment and classification of liver cirrhosis by MELD/MELDNA/Child Pugh scores.
4. Discuss anesthetic management and treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension.
5. Discuss anesthetic considerations in right ventricular failure and pulmonary hypertension.
Parth Patel, MD
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours