After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss on current sepsis management recommendations
2. Explain the importance of appropriate fluid resuscitation/fluid challenge in assessing sepsis severity of illness
3. Discuss concerns with regards to fluid resuscitation and current literature on use of fluids in Sepsis, CHF, ESRD
4. Describe early pressor use vs. high fluid volumes
Gregory Briddick, MSHI, BSN, RN, CCRN, TCRN
Sepsis Program Coordinator
SUNY Upstate University Hospital
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours