After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the differences between primary and secondary trauma
2. Describe differences between vicarious trauma and secondary trauma stress
3. Discuss concepts of compassion fatigue and compassion satisfaction
Deidre Hussey, PsyD, Clinical Supervisor
Tyrena Lester, LICSW, Victim Services Supervisor
Kerri Bergendahl, LICSW, Behavioral Health Clinician
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours