After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the differences between primary and secondary trauma
2. Describe differences between vicarious trauma and secondary trauma stress
3. Discuss concepts of compassion fatigue and compassion satisfaction
Deidre Hussey, PsyD, Clinical Supervisor
Tyrena Lester, LICSW, Victim Services Supervisor
Kerri Bergendahl, LICSW, Behavioral Health Clinician
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours