After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to.
- Apply clinical practice guidelines and current evidence to improve inpatient management of hyperglycemia in ICU and non-ICU settings.
- Evaluate strategies to overcome barriers to optimizing inpatient glycemic control.
- Identify appropriate treatment options for achieving optimal glycemic targets safely and effectively in medicine and surgical patients.
Guillermo E. Umpierrez, MD, CDE, FACE, MACP
Professor of Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine Atlanta, GA.
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours