After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to.
- Describe how SGLT2 inhibitors further slows renal disease progression.
- Discuss how SGLT2 inhibitors buffer the effects of NS - MRAs to minimize hyperkalemia.
- Discuss how the mechanisms of the SGLT2 inhibitors and NS - MRAs are complementary to RAS blockers to improve cardiorenal outcomes.
George Bakris, MD
Professor of Medicine
Director, Am Heart Assoc. Comprehensive Hypertension Center
University of Chicago Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Dr. Bakris is a consultant for the following companies: Merck, Bayer, KBP Biosciences, Ionis, Alnylam, Astra Zeneca, Quantum Genomics, HOrizon, Novo Nordisk DiaMedica Therapuetics, InRegen
None of the members planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours