After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the most common types of back pain
2. Learn how to take a back pain history and perform the essential components of a musculoskeletal physical examination in a patient with spinal complaints
3. Discuss and identify red flags in a patient presenting with urgent spinal pain
4. Review treatment interventions for patients presenting with spinal pain including imaging guidelines
Sharon M. Woods, MPAS, PA-C
Westfield State University
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours