After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Participants will learn that there are many disorders that can mimic child abuse.
- Participants will learn that abuse and medical conditions can co-exist.
- Participants will learn the importance of a good history when patients appear with possible signs of physical and sexual abuse.
Kathleen A. Cassidy, PPCNP, MS
Nurse Practitioner, Department of Pediatrics
Baystate Health/Baystate Children's Hospital
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours