After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe indications for surgical myocardial revascularization
- Describe multi arterial CABG (MABG)
- Compare outcomes of standard single arterial CABG (SABG) to MABG
- Describe specific forms of MABG
- Discuss risks and benefits of specific forms of CABG
- Discuss consideration of coronary surgery as a subspecialty in an effort to enhance quality outcomes
Thomas Schwann, MD
Professor of Surgery-Chief of Cardiac Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours