After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identifying misconceptions regarding opioids and addiction
2. Recognizing factors associated with the risk of opioid overdose or addiction
3. Learning mitigation strategies against opioid misuse and diversion
4. Ordering and interpretation of urine drug screens
5. How do handle patients with inappropriate urine drug screens
Aisha Khan, DO
Chief, Acute Pain Service
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. All relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the faculty and planners for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours