After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Review current diabetes management guidelines
2. Discuss controversies in HbA1c targets in select patient populations
3. Highlight management strategies in cardiovascular risk reduction in patients with type 2 diabetes and established cardiovascular disease
Chelsea Gordner, DO, MPH
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine and Pediatrics
Division of Adult and Pediatric Endocrinology, UMMS - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours