After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe how to measure kidney function
2. Explain the evolution of estimating equations for eGFR and how the race-based modifier for eGFR calculation raises concerns
3. Describe the ramifications of eGFR with - and without - the race-based modifier and provide modern day data and a corrective action plan for measuring kidney function
Daniel L. Landry, DO, FASN
Chief, Division of Nephrology
Medical Director, Inpatient Dialysis and Critical Care Nephrology
Assistant Professor, UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients. .
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours