After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Differentiate the concept of sponsorship from mentorship
2. Describe the value of sponsorship
3. Characterize second generation gender bias and its manifestations in the workplace
4. Quantify the gender pay gap and identify its drivers and potential solutions
5. Define elements of culture change necessary to cultivate the success of women in medicine & science
Amy S. Gottlieb, MD, FACP
Professor of Medicine and Ob Gyn, UMMS-Baystate
Chief Faculty Development Officer, Baystate Health
Chair-Elect, Association of American Medical Colleges' Group on Women in Medicine & Science Steering Committee
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours