After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Understand the mode of action of mRNA vaccines
2. Describe the key findings from COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials
3. Understand what is known about use of the vaccine among those with special conditions including pregnancy, lactation, and immune compromise
4. Describe plans for phased vaccine distribution
Sarah Haessler, MD
Vice-Chair of Clinical Affairs
Hospital Epidemiologist, Baystate Medical Center
Megan Gallagher, MD
Department of Infectious Disease
UMMS - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours