After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the appropriate triage and assessment of disease severity in patients presenting to hospital with COVID-19
2. Review inpatient process of care regarding medical treatments, respiratory support, and other aspects of supportive care for COVID-19
3. Discuss common complications of COVID-19 in hospitalized patients and treatment approaches
4. Present a plan for assessment of readiness for discharge, and discharge plan and appropriate documentation principles in the medical record
Benjamin J. Freda, DO
Division of Hospital Medicine
Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine
Bay Path University Physician Assistant Program
Lauren Westafer, DO, MPH, MS
Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours