After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify the difference between a hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
2. Identify 5 risk factors for stroke.
3. Identify 5 different types of neurologic disorders.
4. Verbalize postoperative complications of tumor resection surgery.
5. Define ICP, and state signs & symptoms when ICP increases.
6. Name 5 disciplines of the health care interdisciplinary team that is able to assist the post CVA patient
7. State the purpose of the NIHSS and why it is used.
Kailey Golebiowski, RN, BSN
Associate Professor of Medicine
University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
(Choose the appropriate statement below. Delete this sentence and the paragraph(s) you don't use - including the word OR.)
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours