After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss studies of COVID-19.
2. Describe the impact of HIV on COVID-19 related illness and prognosis.
3. Discuss new studies of HIV treatment and pre-exposure prophylaxis.
Daniel J. Skiest, MD
Vice Chair for Academic Affairs, Department of Medicine
Professor of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Daniel Skiest, MD (planner/faculty) receives grant support from Hoffman-LaRoche for clinical research study, not HIV related.
None of the other members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours