After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify the roles and responsibilities of a preceptor.
2. Review standards and principles related to becoming a preceptor.
3. Explore effective communication strategies, including giving feedback and managing difficult conversations.
4. Discuss the techniques that facilitate learning and stimulate critical thinking.
5. Formulate an individualized, goal-directed orientation plan based on learner needs.
6. Discuss and understand the value of self-care for yourself and others.
Michele Johansson, MSN, RN, CNL
Nurse Educator Daly 6B & Springfield 64
Medical Intermediate Care and Adult Medical
Nursing Professional Practice
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours