After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the increased maternal and fetal risks in a pregnancy complicated by obesity
2. Outline discussions with patients surrounding obesity using language which is preferred by patients
3. Recognize signs of implicit bias that is associated with patients complicated by obesity
4. Describe best practices for prenatal care in the setting of pregnancies complicated by obesity
Dr. Lisa Gill
Assistant Professor, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine
Department of Ob/Gyn
University of Minnesota
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours