After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the care pathway components that need to be followed when addressing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
2. Outline how to evaluate illness severity including intrusive thoughts, and risk of harm to self or others
3. Describe the risks of treated versus untreated perinatal mood and anxiety disorders and evidence-based non treatment options
4. Summarize when pharmacotherapy is indicated, how to select and initiate medication treatment and adjust that treatment as needed based on patient response
Dr. Nancy Byatt
Medical Director, MCPAP for Moms
University of Massachusetts Medical School
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours