After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to
1. Describe the epidemiology of STIs in adolescents.
2. Recognize the clinical presentation of STIs.
3. Discuss STI screening recommendations.
4. Describe the preferred diagnostic methods for STI testing.
5. Develop a treatment plan for STIs based on the 2021 STI Treatment Guidelines.
6. Discuss the evaluation and treatment of persistent and recurrent urethritis in males.
Paula Braverman, MD
Professor of Pediatrics
UMMS - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours