After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify components of a successful Adolescent Bariatric Surgery Program.
2. Name adolescent indications for bariatric surgery.
3. Recognize the different bariatric surgical procedures that have been used an dare currently available to adolescents.
4. Discuss the challenges for adolescents having access to Bariatric Surgery.
Michael Tirabassi, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Yale University School of Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours