After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. List at least 3 causes of the U.S. opioid epidemic.
2. Summarize the evidence around the use of buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid use disorder in adolescents.
3. Apply 3 strategies to prevent opioid overdose among pediatric patients: Education, safer prescribing, and screening.
Deepa Camenga, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine & Pediatrics
Yale School of Medicine
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Dr. Camenga is receives a grand/research support for NIH / National Institute on Drug Abuse and Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. She also receives royalty from Opioid Response Network (Expert Consultant) and American Academy of Pediatrics (Expert Faculty).
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Pain Management