After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to
1. Identify racial disparities in maternal and newborn health.
2. Describe the causes of racial disparities in maternal and newborn health.
3. Outline interventions at the individual and institutional level to decrease racial disparities in maternal and newborn health.
Tonja Santos, MSN, CNM, FACNM
Assistant Director, Division of Midwifery
Instructor, Department of OB/GYN
UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours