After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss the classification and genetics of 5q SMA.
2. Describe genetic testing including newborn screening.
3. Review approved therapies in SMA.
Partha Ghosh, MD
Assistant Professor in Neurology
Harvard Medical School
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
Dr. Ghosh attests she has received consulting fees from CVS Caremark and Sarepta.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours