After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Identify the importance of certain vital signs for a patient with a genetic disorder.
2. Identify and understand the cause of genetic disorders.
3. Identify and understand the heritability of genetic disorders.
4. Identify the different types of genetic testing.
5. Recognize and understanding the importance of the MA role in caring for a patient with a genetic disorder.
Arielle Majka, MS, CG (ASCP)
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 2.00 AAMA CEU(s)
- 2.00 ANCC Contact Hours