After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe the physiology of normal thyroid hormone regulation
- Discuss the pathophysiology and clinical presentation of decompensated hypothyroidism.
- Evaluate therapeutic treatment options for the management of decompensated hypothyroidism and its disease sequelae
- Apply this information to a patient case.
Taylor Hodle, PharmD
PGY2 Critical Care Pharmacy Resident
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours