After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Describe risks with concomitant use of anticoagulation and antidepressant medications
- Review mechanisms and guideline recommendations of initiating antidepressant medications
- Analyze studies assessing bleeding risk with antidepressants and direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs)
- Discuss appropriate therapy recommendations and conclusions for initiating an antidepressant in a patient taking DOAC therapy
Chelsey Quinlan, PharmD
PGY1 Community Pharmacy Resident
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours