After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Name at least four of the human psychobiological responses to perceived threat/danger.
2. List at least three modes of intervention from Somatic Experiencing that can be utilized with clients so as to enhance Holding as defined by Winnicott.
3. Define "Holding" according to Winnicott, that dovetails with the concept of titration in Somatic Experiencing
David Levit, Ph.D., ABPP, SEP
Private Practice, Amherst, MA
Faculty and Supervising Psychoanalyst
Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 1.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 NBCCBaystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBC requirements. The ACEP solely responsible for all aspects of the program.