After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Discuss and acknowledge a professional and personal challenges arising out of caring for unvaccinated patients.
2. Reflect/Discuss/Engage/Explore individual or team based limits to compassionate care.
3. Address and discuss compassion fatigue arising at this point in the pandemic.
4. Explore strategies on how communal conversations and peer support can mitigate the effects of compassion fatigue in light of caring for unvaccinated patients and colleagues.
Reva Kleppel,MSW, MPH
BMC Clinical Research Manager
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Inter-professional Education ( CE ) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Faculty or planner conflicts of interest are resolved before the educational activity.
None of the members of the faculty and planning committee for this educational event have commercial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling or distributing health care goods and services consumed by or used on patients.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Risk Management
- 1.00 NASW Smith CE CreditsThis program was approved for 1.00 Continuing Education Credits by Smith College School for Social Work and assigned authorization number in accordance with Continuing Education Regulation 258 CMR, Category I, in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts