After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Describe causes and latest efforts to address burnout within the medical community.
3. Identify the signs and symptoms of burnout in self and colleagues.
4. Gain a better understanding of substance abuse within the anesthesia community.
5. Identify behavior changes that may signify a substance abuse disorder in colleagues and treatment outcomes.
6. Review sources of support for physicians nationally and here at Baystate Medical Center.
Stephen Karp, DO
UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)