After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the roles of the members of the health care team in their respective responsibilities for quality care.
2. Describe the current omicron surge and its' impact on population health.
3. Become familiar with support and therapies for COVID-19, including those approved during the past year.
4. Discuss the impact of SARS-COV2 variants on COVID-19 control.
5. Gain insight into pandemic disaster preparation and clinical roles.
Mark A. Tidswell, MD
Associate Professor of Medicine
Division of Critical Care
UMass Chan Medical School-Baystate
Baystate Medical Center
Dr. Tidswell is a consultant for GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, Celltrion, Molecular Partners/Novartis, and Spectral Medical.
All of the relevant financial relationships listed for these individuals have been mitigated.
None of the other planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)