After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Review the evidence regarding adjusted d-dimer for risk stratifying pulmonary embolism.
2. Identify the risk and benefits of clinical decision tools used in the evaluation of pulmonary embolism.
3. Develop a personalized evidence-based algorithm for evaluating pulmonary embolism.
Lauren Westafer, DO, MPH, MS
Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, UMass Chan Medical School - Baystate
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Nurses should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baystate Health designates this activity for 1.0 contact hours for pharmacists. Pharmacists should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in this activity.
Physician Assistants This activity carries a maximum of 1.0 contact hour(s). Pharmacists should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 1.0 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME creditBaystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PA’s should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)