After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Integrate trauma theories and dynamics to conceptualize cases with multiple traumas and or complex trauma.
- Recognize themes that are common and present throughout out various traumatic experiences.
- Utilize TF-CBT PRACTICE components to maintain fidelity to the model.
- Define complicated grief vs. uncomplicated grief.
- Assess symptoms related to complicated grief and establishing need for TF-CBT.
- Implement TF-CBT with complicated grief cases.
- Identify new changes on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Assess new or ongoing stressors upon returning to school.
- Create treatment and safety planning in accordance with new CDC guidelines.
- Self care during these challenging times.
Lisette Rivas-Hermina, LMFT
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content. 6.0 CE credit(s) for psychologists have been granted for this educational activity.
Social Workers (ASWB)
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE Program)
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Baystate Health is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organization, not individual courses are approved under this program.
Baystate maintains responsibility for this course. Social workers completing this course receive 6.0 continuing education credit(s).
Mental Health Counselors
Baystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider, (ACEPTM) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP is solely responsible for all aspects of the program. (ACEP #5684) 6.0 clock hours
This activity was planned by and for the healthcare team and learners will receive 8.25 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credit for learning and change.
- 6.00 APA American Psychological AssociationBaystate Health is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Baystate Health maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- 6.00 ASWB Continuing Education Credit(s)
- 6.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)
- 6.00 NBCCBaystate Health is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP™) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBC requirements. The ACEP solely responsible for all aspects of the program.