After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
- Explain the pathophysiology of heart failure (HF)
- Identify the current treatment options in the management of HF and acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) based on previous clinical trials and guideline recommendations
- Analyze evidence from previous SGLT2 inhibitor trials
- Analyze evidence from the EMPAG-HF Trial
- Evaluate the clinical significance of early initiation of empagliflozin in patients with acute decompensated heart failure
Lauren Christo, PharmD
PGY1 Pharmacy Resident
Baystate Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
- 1.00 ACPE Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours