After participating in this educational activity, attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the vascular anatomy and flap territory of perforator flaps of the posterior tibial artery system in the lower extremity.
2. Describe the surgical technical details, timing, indications and limitation of use of posterior tibial artery based perforator flaps in the lower extremity.
Raymond Dunn, MD
Professor, Division of Plastic Surgery
University of Massachusetts Medical Center
The design and content of Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education (CE) activities support quality improvement in healthcare and provide fair and balanced views of therapeutic options. Any relevant financial relationships are mitigated prior to the educational activity.
None of the planners or faculty for this educational activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies whose primary business is producing, marketing, selling, re-selling, or distributing healthcare products used by or on patients.
In support of improving patient care, Baystate Health is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Baystate Continuing Interprofessional Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Advanced Practice Providers
Baystate Health designates this activity for 1 contact hour for advanced practice providers. Advanced practice providers should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME creditBaystate Health has been authorized by the American Academy of PAs (AAPA) to award AAPA Category 1 CME credit for activities planned in accordance with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 1.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PA’s should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 1.00 ANCC Contact Hours
- 1.00 BCIPE Instructional Hours
- 1.00 American Board of Surgery MOC
- 1.00 IPCE Credit Hour(s)